Amel 55 hatch door cannot be locked from inside

Billy Newport

Anyone seen this. The companion way door locks and unlocks normally with the key. If locked with the key then you can unlock using the inside "knob". But, I cannot lock it from inside. The "knob" is like locked in place but when i lock with the key, it does slide down just fine. This was working fine until this week, I'm been lock/unlocking it from inside since getting the boat.

Is there a child safety thing which has a mode disabling locking from inside the boat possibly that I accidentally enabled?

Amel 55#56.