Re: Amel 55 hatch door cannot be locked from inside

John Clanton

Billy,

I have never experienced what you are describing.  I have always wished that when the interior lock nub is moved into the locked position, it would have a tactile or audible click assuring that it is actually locked.  Since it doesn’t, I can’t help but test the handles each time to make sure they don’t slide open.

I haven’t been on the boat for 11 months and 15 days thanks to the Covid, but seem to recall an access port around the interior locking mechanism???

Please update the group when you find the issue and solution so that we can have that in the knowledge base.

John W. Clanton

Devereux, A55, No. 65

Hopefully still in Antibes, France

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information is strictly prohibited.