Re: servicing mainsail fuller and outhaul
Hi Bill,toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
So the GRP cover was always there. I took it off and bedded it back with silicone. The odd thing is that the front end was left open for spay to go straight in. I decided to glue on a pvc fabric and try and make it as close to water tight as possible but with the drain hole. We shall have to see, but I think it will help especially as the gear is well covered in grease. In heavy rain it is possible some water might come down the shaft but again I think not really.
I will cut open the pvc front to have a look after I have been out sailing a while and report. This is the before photo.
Ironically the worm gear on this was fine but a bit of an eyesore and a mess.
S/Y Amelia Aml 54-019