Bow Thruster Amel 54

Doug Smith

I have spent the last couple of days trying to debug the side-power bow thruster on my boat, and the up/down 4 relay system.  My motor for up/down had a bad bearing and was blowing a fuse.  It appears to also have cooked a relay or two.

In my efforts at fixing, I redrew some of the electrical diagrams to make them a bit easier to follow, and thought it might help some of the others who have a similar problem.

Mine has the magnetic switches, instead of the pushbutton stop switches, and importantly, they are ‘normally closed’ switches, that open when the thruster is in the required position.

Doug Smith

S/V Aventura, Amel 54-113

Deltaville, VA USA