Galley fridge intermittently cooling

Sv Garulfo

Hi all,

Our fridge evaporator seems to be partially and  intermittently cold. And the compressor runs but stops after a while. It had happened recently that the fridge stopped cooling but after a stop and start, i heard a hissing noise near the evaporator and it worked again for a few weeks.

I searched this forum for contributions and found plenty around refilling the system with cooling gas, amongst other solutions that I will investigate.
However, I was under the impression that there was a discussion about ice crystals clogging the evaporator circuit and some filter that could be changed. I cannot find that discussion though and may have dreamed it altogether...

Any advice on that front?

Thanks
Thomas
A54-122