Re: Galley fridge intermittently cooling

Sv Garulfo

Thanks Mark for the offer! Interesting how many people actually carry that type of equipment. I’m looking forward to learn more about the process and de-mystify fridges. I may take you on your offer and it’ll be a pleasure to see you guys in Tahiti or Moorea anyway.

Thomas

On Thu, 24 Sep 2020 at 18:13, Mark Erdos <mcerdos@...> wrote:

Thomas,

If you need a vacuum pump and gauges, I have a set. You know where to find me J

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Tahiti, French Polynesia

www.creampuff.us

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sv Garulfo
Sent: Thursday, September 24, 2020 12:56 PM
To: Amel Yacht owners Group
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Galley fridge intermittently cooling

Hi all,

Our fridge evaporator seems to be partially and  intermittently cold. And the compressor runs but stops after a while. It had happened recently that the fridge stopped cooling but after a stop and start, i heard a hissing noise near the evaporator and it worked again for a few weeks. 

I searched this forum for contributions and found plenty around refilling the system with cooling gas, amongst other solutions that I will investigate. 

However, I was under the impression that there was a discussion about ice crystals clogging the evaporator circuit and some filter that could be changed. I cannot find that discussion though and may have dreamed it altogether...

Any advice on that front?

Thanks

Thomas 

A54-122

Moorea

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.