Re: converting 24v alternator to ribbed micro v (serpentine)

Giovanni TESTA

Hi Alan,
many thanks for infos.
 My Yanmar technician suggested to follow Manual Spare Parts as in PDF_Fig.20 _ n.7
The Carlisle belts are for secure an improvement, I suppose. I ll try to find them on line.
Next future I ll post the Medicane (Med Hurricane) video from my boat on my Youtube page
 https://www.youtube.com/user/eutikia1
Buon Vento
Giovanni
sv EUTIKIA SM 428
Itaca, Porto Vathy (GR)

Il 26/09/2020 00:48, Alan Leslie ha scritto:
Hi Giovanni,

The standard belt is A46
The Carlisle Gold Ribbon raw edge cogged belt is AX46

The A section belt is 1/2" across and 13/32" deep
The AX belt is 1/2" across and 11/32" deep - helps it go around corners better.

I'm not in Facebook so I can't view your video, but I did see video of the Medicane hitting Ithaca and it wasn't good.

Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437