I forgot to mention that I used a Dremel tool with a cutting blade to remove a few thousands of an inch from the key that is on the shaft.
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
I removed metal from the sides and the top.
On September 26, 2020 at 8:10 PM eric freedman <kimberlite@...> wrote:
Try looking for a compound in a metal can called https://www.amazon.com/Never-Seez-NSBT-8-Regular-Anti-Seize-Compound/dp/B000KZCU26
I put it on the drive shaft of the outhaul twice a year. It takes 10 minutes. Just put a long grade 10 bolt in the bottom screw and tap it with a small sledge hammer. It comes out with 2 or 3 gentle taps.
SM 376 Kimberlite
On September 26, 2020 at 3:32 PM Ian Park <parkianj@...> wrote:
Well done Bill. Hadn’t thought of the real simple job of removing just the shaft. It’s on the schedule now. Thank you!
Feel a bit like Homer! Doooh!!