Re: How to prime fresh water on an Amel 55, anyone?

Matt Salatino

If it’s anything like our 50, there is a lever on the pressure switch plumbed into the fresh water pump. Turn the breaker on, then lift the lever. The pump should start. This might or might not prime the system. If it does, fine. If not, put a hose from the dock into the hose outlet. We have one in the cockpit and by the bow locker for the anchor wash. This will pressurize the system. Then you’re back in business. As soon as the system is pressurized, remove the dock hose. Things should now work.
Don’t ask now I know this....:-)

On Sep 27, 2020, at 6:02 PM, Billy Newport <billy@...> wrote:

We turned off the fresh water pump from the DC panel and let a tap run which lowered the water pressure to 0 before doing some plumbing work today. I expected that when I turned back on the fresh water pump breaker, the pump would repressurize the circuit but turning on the breaker didn't do anything. The fresh water pump isn't starting.

How do I get the fresh water system going again? The Amel manual has very little if nothing about it or at least than I can find.

Any help apprec,
Billy

Amel 55#56