Forward looking Sonar - Amel 54 - Echopilot FLS 2D frequency vs B&G Sonic Speed Sensors or Depth Sounders

Stefan Schaufert

Dear Amelians,

thx a lot for your numerous helpful responses.

For the Amels with the Echopilot 2D units AND the B&G Sonic Speed Sensors and/or Depth Sounders (Standard on the AMEL 54):
  1. Are there problems or something needs to be considered because of the working frequency (200 kHz) of the Echopilot unit - used at the same time as the B&G devices (interferences)?
  2. Where is your Echopilot transducer situated on the bottom? Echopilot recommends to install it „alongside the keel and perhaps 60cm or 2 feet out“.
I do not find any informations for this in the B&G & Amel manuals.
Thus I am looking forward for your answers.

Best regards
Stefan
A54 #119 Lady Charlyette, Aruba