Re: Forward looking Sonar - Amel 54 - Furuno NavNet Plotter Network

Ken Powers SV Aquarius

Ian,
Thanks, your review makes sense, and... Very helpful to me..  I also inherited a boat with FLS (Echo Pilot), and loved it!  Knowing that your Echo Pilot made it 20 years makes me like the product even more.  Though, I must say,  the screen should never fail!  If you are sailing in the same region most of the time, dropping the hook in the same anchorages each year...  There is probably not enough value in purchasing an FLS.  But, for those owners that are planing to go exotic places, where good charts may not available, and usually anchoring in new places...  They should consider the value of an FLS.
Thanks for the detail!

Ken Powers
Aquarius
SM2K#262