From: Ken Powers SV Aquarius <ken@...>
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Sent: Thu, Oct 1, 2020 1:27 pm
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Forward looking Sonar - Amel 54 - Echopilot FLS 2D frequency vs B&G Sonic Speed Sensors or Depth Sounders

All,

When I was in the Tuamotus we were crossing the interior of Makemo Atoll from the main town to the East anchorage.  We were going 6kts in 50m and we saw the reef come straight out of the blue and we were able to stop Aquarius.

If we didn't have the Echo Pilot 2D Professional onboard we would have hit.

Ken