From: Petaris <petaris@...>
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io Group Moderators <main@amelyachtowners.groups.io>
Sent: Thu, Oct 1, 2020 9:27 am
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Forward looking Sonar - Amel 54 - Echopilot FLS 2D frequency vs B&G Sonic Speed Sensors or Depth Sounders

Pat,
I believe someone further up the thread mentioned a max SOG of 2.5 kts.  Maybe that is part of the issue for you?
Regards,
- Justin
Hopeful future SM/SM2k owner

On Thu, Oct 1, 2020 at 6:57 AM Patrick McAneny via groups.io <sailw32=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
As I said in a previous post ,I have a new B&G FLS and have not found it useful , the bottom is depicted in a brown color and moving forward I have brown spikes appear in front of the boat as well as elevated bottom depictions that disappear as quickly as they appear. Frustrated I just stopped even ever turning it on ,forgot to even use it once in six months while in the Caribbean. But before this thread goes away ,I have one question. Is it important to keep your SOG very slow to get good results from a FLS ? I think I have tried to use it going less than a 4 or 5  kts. , but maybe that is too fast. It would be great to have in the Bahamas some day ,if it worked.
Thanks,
Pat
SM Shenanigans