Re: AMEL orange boot stripe

Ken Powers SV Aquarius

I painted the boot stripe red, and just had it done in GelCoat.  I am looking forward to seeing the longevity of GelCoat vs paint.  The paint lasted about 2.5 years under the stern, but the bow still was looking great.  Not sure what paint was used when I had it painted in Trinidad 2.5 years ago.  Probably should have painted it the stock Orange like you are doing, but just liked red.

Regarding the photo from Jose....  They always look beautiful splash day!  But, you don't know how good a job was done until 6 months later.  Or, unless you watch the workers every second, or just do it yourself. But, even then you probably will find the problems in 6 months.

Cheers,

Ken
Aquarius
SM2K#262