Re: Fibreglass cowling enclosure around C Drive

Craig Briggs

Edited

Barry, Not only will the rubber bushing on the bottom allow some minor wiggle, but there are also "O" rings and a neoprene sleeve at the top around the "trumpet", allowing some wiggle there, plus the upper "C" drive-to-engine frame "engine" mounts. Point being the whole assembly is engineered to have vibration dampening and will move some when forcibly "wiggled" - it is not a rigid structure as your surveyor may have presumed.
--
Craig, SN68 Sangaris, Tropic Isle Harbor, FL
PS. I have pulled mine off for a bent shaft and it was great to be able to thoroughly get all the crud out from behind it and slather bottom paint in there - not sure I'd put it on a regular PM list, thought.