Re: Tender Amel 54

Germain Jean-Pierre

Hi Mohammed & Aty,

We chose a deep v AB 9.5UL and it has done yeoman service for us. However, if we had to do it now, we’d consider OCD TENDERS from NZ.

Very good design including beach wheels!  Very popular

Good luck

Jean-Pierre Germain, Eleuthera, SM 007, NZ

On 6/10/2020, at 7:48 PM, Mohammad Shirloo <mshirloo@...> wrote:

We are looking for a new tender, as our existing 12 year old Zodiac Classic foldable with aluminum floor planks that came with our Amel, is starting to have some of the glue joints fail. It has been a great stable ride that planes with a 20HP with 4 people. We have been considering the Highfield line and will not be onboard prior to ordering, Therefore, we would appreciate comments on the following issues:

  1. How does the CL310 or CL340 fit on the Davits?
  2. PVC or Hypalon? We will most likely be in the Med for another 3 years and then onto the Caribbean. AT this point our ongoing plan is to continue sailing West. about 6 months every year.
  3. Our existing 3.5 Meter Zodiac, does present some challenge trying to leave the dock, while Med Moored in a cross wind, if we have yachts at both sides. The tender is about 18-24 inches wider than the stern, therefore the bow on the tender can get caught in the stanchions of the adjacent yacht. In extreme conditions, we lower the tender and tow behind until we are clear of the dock and then bring the tender up on Davits. Does anyone have a better solution?
  4. What is your general impression of the quality, ride and longevity of the highfield line?
  5. What other tender lines have you used that you could recommend?
Thanks in advance for all input.

Mohammad & Aty
B&B Kokomo
Amel 54 #099