Re: Tender Amel 54 #dinghy

Randall Walker

Hello M&A,
My neighbors tender is a brand I hadn't heard of before called 3D https://www.3dtender.com/ALUMINIUM-SEMI-RIGID-TENDERS-147-64-0-0.html
My purchase was the Highfield 310 and didn't want to wait for the Hypalon as they were unsure when they could get one in Gibraltar. I believe that the extra investment in Hypalon pays for itself. The 3D tender when side by side is identical to the Highfield. My 310 is at the limit of width for the 54. And we are restricted to keeping it on the aft.
I wish I had the OCTender that was on the back of my boat. I regret not making it the one and only demand when purchasing my boat. They are very nice, hindsight 20/20.

Safe travels, and wishes the world opens soon.
Randall
A54#56

On Tue, Oct 6, 2020 at 8:48 AM Mohammad Shirloo <mshirloo@...> wrote:
We are looking for a new tender, as our existing 12 year old Zodiac Classic foldable with aluminum floor planks that came with our Amel, is starting to have some of the glue joints fail. It has been a great stable ride that planes with a 20HP with 4 people. We have been considering the Highfield line and will not be onboard prior to ordering, Therefore, we would appreciate comments on the following issues:

  1. How does the CL310 or CL340 fit on the Davits?
  2. PVC or Hypalon? We will most likely be in the Med for another 3 years and then onto the Caribbean. AT this point our ongoing plan is to continue sailing West. about 6 months every year.
  3. Our existing 3.5 Meter Zodiac, does present some challenge trying to leave the dock, while Med Moored in a cross wind, if we have yachts at both sides. The tender is about 18-24 inches wider than the stern, therefore the bow on the tender can get caught in the stanchions of the adjacent yacht. In extreme conditions, we lower the tender and tow behind until we are clear of the dock and then bring the tender up on Davits. Does anyone have a better solution?
  4. What is your general impression of the quality, ride and longevity of the highfield line?
  5. What other tender lines have you used that you could recommend?
Thanks in advance for all input.

Mohammad & Aty
B&B Kokomo
Amel 54 #099