Re: Tender Amel 54

Dirk Hooff

Hi Mohammad,

this year we bought a Highfield CL360 in Hypalon. It fits perfectly on the AMEL davits (Cooney Simpson).
Hypalon should be chosen if the dinghy has been in salt water for a longer period and is exposed to strong sunlight.
We have a powerful outboard motor (Yamaha 25PS) with which the CL 360 can drive perfectly over long distances, even with several people. The aluminum hull is very light (the CL360 weighs only approx. 70kg) and thanks to the good V-shape it drives very well over the waves, even at higher speeds.
Incidentally, the new Yamaha 25PS still fits in the aft locker on the outboard motor bracket ... a perfect place for the outboard motor for longer sea passages or winter storage.
In addition, the CL360 fits perfectly (upside down) on the aft deck ... also for longer sea passages or winter storage.
We are very happy with this dinghy choice.

Many greetings and thanks again for your help regarding the oil pressure sensor this summer!

Dirk
SY PÉNÉLOPE
AMEL 54#96

Am 06.10.2020 um 08:47 schrieb Mohammad Shirloo <mshirloo@...>:

We are looking for a new tender, as our existing 12 year old Zodiac Classic foldable with aluminum floor planks that came with our Amel, is starting to have some of the glue joints fail. It has been a great stable ride that planes with a 20HP with 4 people. We have been considering the Highfield line and will not be onboard prior to ordering, Therefore, we would appreciate comments on the following issues:

  1. How does the CL310 or CL340 fit on the Davits?
  2. PVC or Hypalon? We will most likely be in the Med for another 3 years and then onto the Caribbean. AT this point our ongoing plan is to continue sailing West. about 6 months every year.
  3. Our existing 3.5 Meter Zodiac, does present some challenge trying to leave the dock, while Med Moored in a cross wind, if we have yachts at both sides. The tender is about 18-24 inches wider than the stern, therefore the bow on the tender can get caught in the stanchions of the adjacent yacht. In extreme conditions, we lower the tender and tow behind until we are clear of the dock and then bring the tender up on Davits. Does anyone have a better solution?
  4. What is your general impression of the quality, ride and longevity of the highfield line?
  5. What other tender lines have you used that you could recommend?
Thanks in advance for all input.

Mohammad & Aty
B&B Kokomo
Amel 54 #099