Sea Chest

Mark Erdos

I am looking for some ideas to redo the sea chest. I am pretty sure the unit I have is not factory since an additional water maker was added by the previous owner. Also, my current unit is polypropylene pipe and I have read about corrosion being an issue on other Amels. So, I have no idea how Amel originally designed this.

Coming off the Vetus strainer, I have independent direct connections to the generator and engine. The third goes to a one-way flow valve, a shut-off valve and then to a pipe with outlets for air conditioning, heads/anchor wash, water maker one, and water maker two. There are no independent shut-off valves for each of these four outlets.

I am wondering if anyone has tackled this project and can give me some pointers regarding design and placement.

I would like something that is easy to clean and has individual valves for each outlet. Thoughts?

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

www.creampuff.us