Re: Tender Amel 54

Teun BAAS

Mohammad, Nick and Heinz,

Mohammad,

I have not experienced any problems with maneuverability and stability. In fact I perceive the stability to be better than the other dinghies I had with the exception of the huge HIGHFIELD.

I had frequently very rough water in NOUMEA and the ride was fine while keeping the passengers and the groceries much, much drier than the previous dinghies.

Since the 3.9Meter, HIGHFIELD Ocean Master HYP with 50HP HONDA too big & heavy, I bought 3.5M MAXXON in NEW ZEALAND. Tubes way to small and constantly wet butt (I had a female friend visiting and she was not happy) & groceries. Then got a 3.50M SMART WAVE 3500 hard dinghy (unsinkable & dry butt 😊) but very, very heavy – dumb decision and luckily this developed a leak and I was able to return while I ordered the OCT. However, there was a delay in shipping the OCT to NOUMEA (Not OCT fault) so diverted to PORT VILA VANUATU but I was leaving for VANUATU and needed a dinghy for 4 or 5 weeks and got a HIGHFIELD (attached picture). As from May 2019 had the OCT and very, very happy.

Heinz,

Yep long order time – that was one of the problems. I ordered in December 2018 for delivery in March 2019 and finally got it in VANUATU in May 2019 but 2 months delay were due to shipping problems caused by a friend of mine as we originally were going to ship to NOUMEA NEW CAL in one of his containers and that didn’t work out as planned.

Nick,

Pls see attached 2 pictures; You can order from OCT a very, very sturdy “rub rail”; no problem at all banging the hull or other boats.

Best Regards Teun

A54, 2009 #128

October 9, 2020 12:57:55