Re: Engine oil alternatives

Matt Salatino

Believe it or not, many brands of oil originate from the same refinery. Economies of scale require large quantities of a particular grade of oil to be run at one time. Many retailers send their oil containers to the same refinery when that refinery is running a particular type of oil. So pick a brand you like, but pay attention to the API standard. It must be marked on the container.
I believe the latest for diesel engines is either Cj or Ck. Here is a good reference:

On Oct 9, 2020, at 11:03 PM, Bryce Procter via groups.io <Balibryce@...> wrote:

Morning all,

I am having difficulty sourcing the recommended engine oil for the Yanmar 43H3HTE Turbo in Malaysia. Can anyone recommend a high quality alternative.

Regards

Bryce
SM 2K #467