Re: Sea Chest

Mark Erdos

Hi Tom,

I am in the process of ordering the part to make the manifold similar to the one Bill showed in Amel-Martinique.

My concern is, the impossible to find hose barb is in very tight. If I damage it when removing, I’m in a tough spot. At some point the manifold has to connect to the strainer. I am having difficulty finding any hose barb either 35mm or 1 3/8”.

I have a note into Amel to see if they have one. A bit of a long shot but I’m out of options.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Tahiti, French Polynesia

www.creampuff.us

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Thomas Kleman
Sent: Monday, October 12, 2020 8:43 AM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Sea Chest

Hey Mark, we seem to be working on the same project. My sea water manifold is corroded and I'm building a new one. 10 years ago I changed out the original Amel ball valve for one made of Marelon. At that time, I used the Amel fitting (1-1/4 threaded to 35 mm barbed). I'm now replacing everything to the left of that (which is the corroded copper fitting) and building it out of plastic components. Wondering if you can also salvage it (the Amel fitting) from your boat to save you this search.....the other option is to replace the ball valve with one of a size that fits a 1-3/8 barbed end......good luck. One bit of wisdom I've found. 1-3/8 hose is more common as a wet exhaust size than bilge/water so couplers might be found best by looking backwards with that in mind.

Thomas Kleman
SV L'ORIENT
SM 2K 422
Oahu

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.