Re: Tender Amel 54 #dinghy

Dirk Hooff

Hi Mohammad,
the Highfield CL 360 fits almost perfectly to the Simpson davits. There is only a difference of approx. 4 cm inbetween the pick-up points on the tender and the rollers on the davits.
But you could also adjust this perfectly with small changes to the dinghy.
The CL 360 will certainly start to plane with a 20 HP outboard motor and 4 people in the boat.
With six people on board, we were very quickly with the new Yamaha 25PS ...
At the stern there are also two attachment points for toys or other things to pull.
We have had many dinghies from Zodiac and other manufacturers ... the Highfield seems to be better in processing than many similarly priced boats... especially the aluminum hull.
I know some blue water sailors who have changed to a Highfield and are very enthusiastic.
Currently we stay for the winter period in the northern Adriatic sea. There and in many places in the Mediterranean we had to moore with stern first. Sometimes it´s not easy... you have to be careful with the dinghy. But it doesn´t matter if the dinghy is 3,40 or 3,60 long.
Hopefully that helped…

All the best and stay healthy!

Dirk
SY PÉNÉLOPE
AMEL 54#96

Am 06.10.2020 um 18:32 schrieb Mohammad Shirloo <mshirloo@...>:

Hi Dirk;

Thanks for the input. Did you have to make any modifications to the lifting points to be able to lift the dinghy on the Davits or was it just plug and play? We currently have a 20HP Yamaha 4-stroke. Do you think this will plane with 4 people? We’d also like to be able to pull surfboards and other toys behind. Are there attachments at the transom for ski ropes and do you see any issues pulling with this tender?

Not sure where you are currently cruising, but do you have to moor stern to? If so, does the CL360 interfere with adjacent yachts when leaving the dock in a cross breeze?

Happy Sailing;

Mohammad and Aty
B&B Kokomo
AMEL 54 #099