Re: Genoa Chain Plate bolts Leaking in aft hanging closet

Ken Powers SV Aquarius

Hi Bill,

I knew the copper vent pipe for the fuel tank in the closet area, however, I didn't know about the potential condensation problem within the closet.  I will look a bit closer at the potential places where the water could come from, but I am pretty sure it is coming from at least one of the bolt holes on the bottom row of 4 bolts holding the Genoa chainplate.  Stick a few paper towels in various places and see which one gets wet.

Next, I guess I need to do some research about Butyl tape.  See if that could be the silver bullet I've been looking for...

Ken
Aquarius
SM2K262 stuck in Thailand.