Re: Genoa Chain Plate bolts Leaking in aft hanging closet

eric freedman

I have been using that butyl tape over the boat for a few years. However, for this application I think I would use a polysulfide like boat life or something similar. I would not feel comfortable using butyl as I don't think I could get a continuous bond all the way through the hull.. Using butyl on deck fittings is great as you can put some around the underside of bolt holes and then some under the head of the bolts and it works great , but for the chain plate bolts I would not use butyl.

On October 14, 2020 at 9:57 PM Ken Powers SV Aquarius <ken@...> wrote:

Hello James,

After several Amelians suggested the use of Butyl Tape, and after a bit of research on the subject....  I am going to use the Butyl Tape.  Though I am a bit worried about completely removing the chainplate.....

Ken