Re: Toilet Seawater Valves

Craig Briggs

Hi Ian,
My forward intake valve handle corroded such that I couldn't turn it and broke off the valve stem trying. The corrosion was from sea water accumulating from an inconspicuous leak in the attached small manifold that branches to the anchor wash which had a pin-hole from corrosion, although it was nicely fabricated by Amel of copper tube. I fabricated a new manifold (actually just a Pex "T" and some nipples) and replaced the valve - easy fix.  Also had one of the head outflow valves seriously freeze up but was able to disassemble the valve in place and clean it up.
--
Cheers, Craig - SN68 Sangaris, Tropic Isle Harbor, FL