Re: Registering an SM in Canada

Germain Jean-Pierre

Hi Jeff,

Hmmm. Have you thought of a Dutch or Belgian registry?

Resale might be simpler....

Good luck

Jean-Pierre Germain

On 17/10/2020, at 8:09 AM, Jeff Williams <jeff99williams@...> wrote:

Hi Jean-Pierre,
It is a Canadian Transport Canada thing.   Need a Canadian registered surveyor to complete a tonnage certificate form if the boat is over 15m to register the boat in Canada.    I used Olivier for my survey and he was excellent.
Thanks,
Jeff

On Fri, Oct 16, 2020 at 2:57 PM Germain Jean-Pierre <jp.germain45@...> wrote:
Hello Jeff,

I am Canadian as well and my reg is UK.  Why do you need  CDN surveyor for tonnage?

I used the renowned surveyor named Olivier Beauté, ex director of after sales at Amel.

He is completely qualified to tell you the tonnage... they are all identical!!

Good luck

Jean-Pierre Germain, Eleuthera, SM007, Opua, NZ

On 17/10/2020, at 6:53 AM, Jeff Williams <jeff99williams@...> wrote:

Hi All,
In the process of buying SM#379 Spruzzo (thinking of keeping the name).  Boat is currently in Sicily and plan on cruising the Med for the next few years.

I'm going to register the boat in Canada....has anyone used a Canadian surveyor to get a Canadian Tonnage Certificate for their SM 2000?
If so can you give me the name of the surveyor?

Thanks!
Jeff Williams