Re: Galley fridge intermittently cooling

Sv Garulfo

Hi all,

To give an update:
An refrigeration engineer friend came to have a look and found the system low on refrigerant, but couldn’t find a leak. The usual culprit (the seals in the quick fittings) were not at fault. We opted to top it up and see the evolution. 2 weeks later, it’s still good. Keeping an eye on it.

I also found the fan that cools the heat sink on the compressor to be dead and replaced it. Pic attached in case you want to get spares. It’s a 24V unit but the system runs it at 12V. It’s pretty standard and costs a few dollars on Amazon.

Thanks
Thomas
GARULFO
A54-122
Papeete, Tahiti

On Thu, 24 Sep 2020 at 19:37, Mohammad Shirloo <mshirloo@...> wrote:

Hi Thomas;

An LED bulb will not work. You need an old style LED Diode. These have the two long pins that are usually installed on circuit boards and usually come in a red color. You could have other colors too, which is fine. You can usually find them in electronics stores. Try reducing the RPM to 2000 and see if that helps. If it does, and the compressor starts and stays on and the fridge cools, then your compressor may be getting to the end of its life.

We just replaced the compressor under the top load refrigerator in the galley. I think all of the three compressors are the same or very similar.

Happy Sailing;

Mohammad and Aty

B&B Kokomo

AMEL 54 #099