[Amel] Re: New Sails for Sharki 104

Hajé Weisfelt

Dear all,

This subject was started by me because I was very proud of my new sails. If I ever had known this would lead to the fierce discussion about integrity I weouldn't have posted as I did.

I want to correct something here. I was the one who brought the name of Lee sails forward because of my feelings about there sails. Whatever for the rest of contributors, I wasn't offended by Dave for his reaction. I found his reaction not true nor founded by facts. Dave took my post out of perspective and reacted on what he thought I mend. I believe that was never his intention.

Why not get this lead back into what it was mend to be: a discussion about sails. Why are sails for an Amel complicated? It's a straight forward ketch (contest 38, Trintella 4a, Trintella 38K, etc) all have the same idea off layout and hull shape. The unicity of an Amel is in it's unique comfort and sturgeness.

So what makes it hard (if so) to design sails for an Amel and why should there be a 'better' sailmaker?

I sincerly want also Dave and Jean to respond....

And let's all do that in good humor and with an eye for the interest of the others. Sure Dave is a sailmaker and loftowner. So he will have to be carefull not to post easy opinions. From Dave we expect thouroughly rethought opinions and strong arguments about sails. It's his profession.

I only know about the law so if any of you want's to break it please contact me ;-)

Hajé