Re: Offshore Health Insurance

Matt Salatino

I hope you’re right. Wife and I have the same plan. It’s great in the states.

~~~⛵️~~~Matt

On Oct 19, 2020, at 6:43 PM, eric freedman <kimberlite@...> wrote:

HI,

I just got off the phone with AARP. I have plan F supplemental. .

According to them it covers 100% of the bills after a $250- dollar deductible out of the USA. I must pay the bill and then submit the bills for payment.

I am just wondering if I was told the correct answer about this plan.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of karkauai via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, October 15, 2020 9:49 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Offshore Health Insurance

Hi all,
I'm looking at health insurance for myself again. I've been basically self-insuring for overseas care and have DAN Boaters insurance for emergency medical  repatriation. Iris has GeoBlue plus DAN.

Depending on deductible and copay, I'm looking at $ 7-8K premium, plus $3-10K deductible and $0-5K copay every year. That's a lot of money to pay when the only thing I could imagine costing that much overseas would be emergency surgery. Anything else and we would fly home to let Medicare pay for it.

I'd be interested to know what everyone else is doing.
Thanks for your thoughts.
Kent&Iris
Kristy
SM 243
Hoping to sail S again in Nov depending on COVID rules in Caribbean and beyond.