From: Craig Briggs via groups.io <sangaris@...>
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Sent: Tue, Oct 20, 2020 9:16 am
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Offshore Health Insurance

Hi Eric - this is as confusing as what direction lip seals should face, but Medicare.gov says: Plan F "Foreign Travel exchange (up to Plan limits)  Covers 80%", with an asterisk that says, " Plans F and G also offer a high-deductible plan in some states. With this option, you must pay for Medicare-covered costs (coinsurance, copayments, and deductibles) up to the deductible amount of $2,340 in 2020 before your policy pays anything. (Plans C and F aren't available to people who are newly eligible for Medicare on or after January 1, 2020.)"

That sounds a different than what you were told by AARP.

My advice would be to stay healthy so you don't have to find out what the coverage actually is! (and change your lip seals tri-annually)
Cheers, Craig -- SN68 Sangaris, Tropic Isle Harbor, FL