Re: Offshore Health Insurance

Teun BAAS

Can confirm below – had Q4 2018 surgery in BANGKOK and upon return in USA MEDICARE refused to pay. I have (according to MAYO clinic) “platinum ROLLS ROYCE” supplemental but they originally also tried not to pay. Once I pointed out that they do have an international clause in their policy (one of the main reasons I selected this plan) they finally paid USD18K out of the USD28K.

It was not an emergency and, in hindsight, I should have purchased a roundtrip ticket to USA and have everything done by MAYO AND  (even flying 1st class) still saved money 😊. Medical care would have been at the same excellent level; can highly recommend BUMRUNGRATD International Hospital in BANGKOK.

Best Regards Teun

A54 2009 #128

October 20, 2020 08:28:01