Re: Super Maramu Bimini

jlm@jlmertz.fr

I agree, Amel bimini is a bit has been ... I prefer the Sunbrella fabric mtch more modern colors and especially with the zippers on the bars which allows disassembly for wintering and in addition the budget is more reasonable ...

JLM s/v CottonBay

Le 23/10/2020 à 03:45, Marina Burmaka via groups.io a écrit :
Karen,

We received the bimini from Amel in June. The sides cost extra and are not included with just bimini.
Additional, it was surprise for us, new bimini doesn't have the zippers for the tubes. So you have to remove the tubes to be able to change the bimini.
If I knew what we get I would not order from Amel.

Sv 'Life is good'
Marina

On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 6:19 PM, CW Bill Rouse
Karen,

If it is the same I bought from Amel, it will have the two side panels and the tonneau cover included.

I found that the Amel OEM is superior to anything else I have found. It will routinely last 12 years and sometimes 18 years.

It fit perfectly with only 1 turnbuckle attachment for the side panel not aligning.

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School

View My Training Calendar

On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 9:22 PM Karen Smith via groups.io <karenharmonie=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Our bimini fabric is worn and needs replacement. This is cheaper than we could find locally.  The quote from Amel is for 1 914,19  Euros plus shipping and taxes, with delivery in 6 to 8 weeks. I am certain it will be of higher quality than we could have made locally! If you have the original tubes and set up, you might consider this!

Karen Smith and Bill Kinney
Harmonie SM #160
Annapolis, Maryland