Re: Super Maramu Bimini

Thomas Kleman

One "pearl" (I feel like someone may have trademarked that word)......there are many ways to get the clearance you need to make a forward facing window. One is to re-weld all the bars (hassle). Another is merely to move the forward bar up the channel 4 inches (the two others will just sit at a higher angle.....and you have the clearance with no welding. The Bimini no longer folds neatly but in 10 years of ownership I've never had occasion to fold it up and sail in an open cockpit. Leaving the boat, I can quickly remove the Bimini, side, and extension anyway.

Tom and Kirstin
SM2K 422
SV L'ORIENT
Oahu, waiting to go back to FP