Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Heinz Stutenbāumer
Dachdeckermeister

Am 24.10.2020 um 16:52 schrieb "heinz@..." <heinz@...>:

Hello
My Bimini was made by a sailmaker in Greece.
She also made the bimini for a friend of mine, also a SM 2000 but we added windows to the front. You just have to lift the frame a bit. You only have to raise the two stands 10 cm higher - these are only 2 new holes on the side so that you can continue to use the old frame. not visible from the outside.
We took Sunbrella in sand colors. No problems so far. I can send you the mail address off the sailmaker if you want. Your Hull No. Is next to mine I have 292.
Greetings Heinz
SY Quetzal

Am 24.10.2020 um 15:36 schrieb Cathy & Guillaume via groups.io <carpathia3@...>:

If it can be of any help, attached are some photos I received from Maxime @Amel a few months ago showing their bimini and rear extension.

The reference numbers he gave me where:

Ref amel 3204 :Capote avec fenêtre SM2000 (Bimini)
Ref amel 2114 :Extention de capote SM2000 (=taud d’hiver)
(rear extension)

This is made by a company in Souillac, France.

Not sure myself about this design: does the sloping rear panel prevent stowing a normal size tender on the aft deck?  Seems to have forgotten the genoa sheet passages?

A question for those who have used Sunbrella (with coating inside): is it watertight enough after a few years? Does it lose its shape?  Do you recommend it?

Guillaume
Carpathia III - SM2K #293
<De Amel - capote_complète SM 2000.doc>

--
Hello
Since yesterday when I tried to park in a box in a marina in Auckland my bow thruster motor failed.