Re: Super Maramu Bimini

heinz@quetzal.berlin

Mit freundlichen Grüßen 
Heinz Stutenbāumer
Dachdeckermeister

Am 24.10.2020 um 16:52 schrieb "heinz@..." <heinz@...>:

Hello 
My Bimini was made by a sailmaker in Greece. 
She also made the bimini for a friend of mine, also a SM 2000 but we added windows to the front. You just have to lift the frame a bit. You only have to raise the two stands 10 cm higher - these are only 2 new holes on the side so that you can continue to use the old frame. not visible from the outside. 
We took Sunbrella in sand colors. No problems so far. I can send you the mail address off the sailmaker if you want. Your Hull No. Is next to mine I have 292. 
Greetings Heinz 
SY Quetzal 

Am 24.10.2020 um 15:36 schrieb Cathy & Guillaume via groups.io <carpathia3@...>:

If it can be of any help, attached are some photos I received from Maxime @Amel a few months ago showing their bimini and rear extension.

The reference numbers he gave me where:

Ref amel 3204 :Capote avec fenêtre SM2000 (Bimini)
Ref amel 2114 :Extention de capote SM2000 (=taud d’hiver)
(rear extension) 

This is made by a company in Souillac, France.

Not sure myself about this design: does the sloping rear panel prevent stowing a normal size tender on the aft deck?  Seems to have forgotten the genoa sheet passages?

A question for those who have used Sunbrella (with coating inside): is it watertight enough after a few years? Does it lose its shape?  Do you recommend it?

Guillaume
Carpathia III - SM2K #293
<De Amel - capote_complète SM 2000.doc>

--
Hello 
Since yesterday when I tried to park in a box in a marina in Auckland my bow thruster motor failed. 
If I turn the beam to the left or right the whole power supply breaks down for a moment. After that the power is back. 
I took the rudder off and it can be turned perfectly by hand. 
But the same happens with the engine. No power for a few seconds, all instruments off, no rotation of the motor. 
Does anyone know this problem. 
Does anyone know how I can find out if it's the motor or maybe a relay that doesn't work. 
Can I test the motor without a relay, maybe on the 4 cables marked D1, D2, and A1, A2?
I am grateful for a quick answer.
Heinz SY Quetzal, SM 2000, 292

--
Hello 
Since yesterday when I tried to park in a box in a marina in Auckland my bow thruster motor failed. 
If I turn the beam to the left or right the whole power supply breaks down for a moment. After that the power is back. 
I took the rudder off and it can be turned perfectly by hand. 
But the same happens with the engine. No power for a few seconds, all instruments off, no rotation of the motor. 
Does anyone know this problem. 
Does anyone know how I can find out if it's the motor or maybe a relay that doesn't work. 
Can I test the motor without a relay, maybe on the 4 cables marked D1, D2, and A1, A2?
I am grateful for a quick answer.
Heinz SY Quetzal, SM 2000, 292

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.