Problem with bowthruster

eric freedman

I recently rebuilt my bow thruster, . Upon leaving the dock today my bow thruster  did not work and made a whirring noise. When I took it apart I saw that the gears were worn. My gears on my old bow thruster did not look that bad after 18 years of use. I know I assembled it correctly. My thinking is that the new end cap that I received from Amel with the rebuild kit is too deep and allows the gears to move apart and not mesh properly. Any Thoughts?

As a p.s., when i received the new end cap the mounting holes did not line up with my bow thruster. I simply drilled and tapped 2 new holes.

Fair Winds,

Eric
SM 376 Kimberlite.