Re: Problem with bowthruster

Paul Osterberg

Eric!
We had the same issue I bought a new kit from Maud this summer, put everything together, but the new lid did not fit with the old screw holes , so I used the old lid, looked very similar to me.
I tried it when finished with, it worked. Next time when we were to go up on the hard the thruster motor is spinning but not the prop, a great disappointment. Have not digged into it further as have other project ongoing, My guess is that the new shaft is too "short". Further the shaft had a very rough surface so all oil has leaked out by now. Will sand it down to a smooth surface when at it.
Paul on SY Kerpa SM#259 Lagos, Portugal