Re: A question about coppercoat

Barry Connor

Hi Paul,
I have gone 9 months and no problem. CopperCoat been on for over 3 years now.
On another issue. I have changed the the lifting pistons on my windscreen in preparation for replacement. Can’t get to Grenada yet. See photo. I put a centre attachment for easier closing. Calling it the “EZ Close” New pistons are each 150n. I have a 300n piston if anyone who has an early 54 with the single piston needs a replacement. I changed because I couldn’t get a 300n piston.

Very Best

Barry and Penny
“SV Lady Penrlope II”
Amel 54. #17
Sainte Anne anchorage Martinique

On Oct 29, 2020, at 10:30, Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown <paul.dowd@...> wrote:

Hi all,

With Coppercoat, my understanding is that scraping should be done 2-4 times a year depending on where you are. My question is: does it matter of the hull is not scraped for an extended period, say 9-12 months? Would this make it any more difficult to clean the hull later? Or even be detrimental in any way?

Cheers,

Paul

S/Y Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98 - Grenada

--