Re: Bow Thruster Amps rating.

Chris,

We shouldn't get into a discussion of what is right or wrong, but rather work to help you. Maybe the math is French math or Texan math, but it will draw as much as around 500 amps. Additionally, the bow thruster wire from the battery switch to the bow thruster is connected to the battery side of the switch.

You might consider a batter terminal fuse for each battery. That would be my suggestion. In addition, you might also consider a 500 amp time-delay fuse located near the bus bar located near the bow thruster at the termination of the wire from the battery switch.
image.png

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 1:23 PM Chris Doucette <amaroksailing@...> wrote:

Hi- maybe someone can help me understand... The Super Maramu 2k Manual shows that the bow thruster draws 7000W and 510A at 24V.  Is this correct?  If so, how does the math work out?  W=VxA is violated AND no reasonable wire size is rated for that 24v DC..\

 I am trying to properly fuse my battery bank and this beast is the crux.

Chris
SV Amarok 285