That would be dismissing and loss in the feed to the motor. If you look at the motor you will see multiple heavy gauge wires going to the motor.
Fair Winds
Eric

On October 29, 2020 at 2:38 PM Philippe Belloir <pbelloir@...> wrote:

It s forbidden to violat W=VxA, :-) so you have to make a deal with 7000 and/or 510. I guess 24 is right.
Possible you can see W on the motor ?

Philippe Belloir
+33 781 709 791

-------- Message d'origine --------
De : Chris Doucette <amaroksailing@...>
Date : 29/10/2020 19:23 (GMT+01:00)
À : "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io Group Moderators" <main@amelyachtowners.groups.io>
Objet : [AmelYachtOwners] Bow Thruster Amps rating.

Hi- maybe someone can help me understand... The Super Maramu 2k Manual shows that the bow thruster draws 7000W and 510A at 24V.  Is this correct?  If so, how does the math work out?  W=VxA is violated AND no reasonable wire size is rated for that 24v DC..\

 I am trying to properly fuse my battery bank and this beast is the crux.

Chris
SV Amarok 285