A question about coppercoat

Ian Park

Begin forwarded message:

From: Ian Park <sunbeat2@...>
Date: 29 October 2020 at 18:14:18 GMT
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Subject: Re:  [AmelYachtOwners] A question about coppercoat

Paul,
Confirm what others have said. We usually get a layer of slime in tropical waters, less so in colder northern waters. It comes off easily with a nylon abrasive pad, or with jet wash on a haul out. If you get shell a scraper works very well.
I share Pen Azen’s ages and comments. When you’ve done the anti foul cycle enough times it’s a joy to have a Coppercoat.
PS I think many AMEL owners have often been told its cheating to have all these buttons for furling and reefing the sails - but I’ve done my share of being jet washed on the foredeck and love the comfort of my Santorin (and not having antifoul coloured measles off the paint roller).

Ian

Ocean Hobo SN96 Locked down again North Wales!