Re: A question about coppercoat

Patrick McAneny

Can coppercoat be applied by an owner or does it need to be applied by a dealer ? If it can be installed by an owner ,what would you estimate the cost of materials would be . I had the impression that there was mixed reviews on this product,but you guys seem very pleased with it. I have my hull down to the gel coat and ready to apply a barrier coat soon ,so I could go with any bottom protection at this point.
Thanks,
Pat
SM Shenanigans

-----Original Message-----
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Sent: Fri, Oct 30, 2020 4:33 am
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] A question about coppercoat

Begin forwarded message:

Date: 29 October 2020 at 18:14:18 GMT
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Subject: Re:  [AmelYachtOwners] A question about coppercoat

Paul,
Confirm what others have said. We usually get a layer of slime in tropical waters, less so in colder northern waters. It comes off easily with a nylon abrasive pad, or with jet wash on a haul out. If you get shell a scraper works very well.
I share Pen Azen’s ages and comments. When you’ve done the anti foul cycle enough times it’s a joy to have a Coppercoat.
PS I think many AMEL owners have often been told its cheating to have all these buttons for furling and reefing the sails - but I’ve done my share of being jet washed on the foredeck and love the comfort of my Santorin (and not having antifoul coloured measles off the paint roller).

Ian

Ocean Hobo SN96 Locked down again North Wales!

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.