Re: Rudder Stuffing Box Packing Material

Dan Carlson

That is what I received from Amel last month as well.

I cut to length with diagonal cuts. Installed each piece offset about 120 degrees. Carefully pounding each piece down around the shaft.

Based on some other information I was very careful when tightening the ring back down to make sure that I did not strip out the threads.

A few days of motorsailing down the calm Chesepeake and so far no drips. Will keep checking as we go offshore next.

Best regards, Daniel and Lori Carlson on sv BeBe, SM #387

On Sat, Oct 31, 2020, 5:15 PM Paul Stascavage via groups.io <pstas2003=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Good day all,

I recently ordered the packing material from AMEL.

I specifically requested:

"Quantity 2 - Package of 3 rings of packing material for the Rudder Post"

What I received was two individual lengths of material (70 cm each) - see attached photo.

My question is,  has AMEL switched to 1 piece of material rather than 3 or did I only receive 2 of the 3 rings?

I am hoping someone will be able to answer the question based on the length of material supplied (70 cm).

Thanks in advance for your replies.

All the best,

Paul Stascavage
SM #466 - s/v Rita Kathryn
On The Hard - Severn Yachting Center - Hayes, VA

www.RitaKathryn.com