Re: Shore Power Breaker Trip - Problem apparently on the boat

Alan Grayson

Hi Mark that is the auto switch over for shore power and Generator. It is a common fault after this long. I removed mine and put in a manual switch Which means I have to go into the engine room and manually switch over from generator to shore power on the rare occasions I go into a marina. I’ll hunt down the part number of the manual switch and post when I find it?Image.jpeg
And here is the new installation 
Image.jpeg
Regards
Alan Grayson
SM 406 Ora Pai
Brunswick, GA

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of Mark Garver via groups.io <mgarver@...>
Sent: Tuesday, November 3, 2020 10:37:00 AM
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Shore Power Breaker Trip - Problem apparently on the boat

Two nights ago our shore power breaker tripped, so I shut all power circuits down on the boat and tried to reset it and got a spark and smoke at the shore power pedestal. Tried another pedestal so began to investigate on the boat. Found a problem, but since I don’t have a complete wiring diagram I’m kind of guessing as I go along. Does anyone know what this is or function of this? It appears to be where shore power comes in and out. There are a lot of burnt wires behind it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark
S/V It’s Good
SM #105
Gloucester Point, VA

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.