Re: Just completed a 2900nm tough passage - two little switches almost ruined my month: Bilge Float Switch and Volvo D3-110C auxiliary stop

Jamie Wendell

Scott and Mia, I am very happy to hear of your safe arrival. As always, your postings have helped us all, and this latest one is no exception.
Congratulations on your successful journey. I too have similar stories to tell, but maybe not as consequential.
I connected my bilge high-water alarm to my Maretron system, but as you noted that will not work all the time unless you monitor the inside of the bilge pump tube. I also keep a count and timing on the bilge pump running through my Maretron system.
How did you install the level sensor?
I now have a Volvo D3-150, so I cannot comment directly on the issues you had with the D3-110, but again a good reminder to all to check the condition of all of the engine controls. Corrosion will eventually get you if you do not keep a close watch on these systems.
Jamie
Phantom A54 #44