Re: Cleaning fresh water tank on my SM2K

Thomas Peacock

We have a similar appearing tank. I also shocked it with chlorine, with little cosmetic improvement.
My sense is that it is classic mildew. Even if you kill the fungus, the dark stains will persist unless vigorously scrubbed.
I drink it nevertheless. As my mother told me, everyone has to eat a pound of dirt in their life.

Tom Peacock
SM 240 Aletes
Chesapeake Bay

with its tiny keyboard

On Nov 6, 2020, at 10:07 AM, David Kurtz via groups.io <Davidwkurtz@...> wrote:

Good morning all!  I tried cleaning my fresh water tank using Bill’s alternate method (fill with bleach solution, let sit for 48 hours, drain, flush, etc.) and did not get the desired results.  The attached photo shows what I am dealing with.  Seems to be a couple varieties of mold that was not killed off by the bleach solution.  Now that I am opening up all three access ports I want to clean it with something that works, but doesn’t poison my whole family 😳.  What have some of you used for cleaning?
<214D1856-A9F4-4713-BDFD-CA75CE8E2004.jpeg>

--
Dave Kurtz
SM2 #380

Detroit, Michigan