Re: Silicone BT seals

Mike Longcor (SV Trilogy)

Hi Mark,

I'm referring to these external neoprene seals (two glued together). They should be slightly compressed when the locking pin is in, creating a watertight seal. Photo is from Nikimat ( https://nikimat.com/bow_thruster_overhaul.html ). An improved shaft seal, like the flexible silicone one, would only help in the effort to keep water out - so no problems there. Just saying the neoprene seals and proper tensioning/positioning of the locking pin hole is critical.

Cheers,
Mike Longcor
SV Trilogy SM23
Opua, NZ

On Fri, Nov 6, 2020, 4:03 PM Mark Erdos <mcerdos@...> wrote:

I don’t see how the main seal is pressured by the thruster assembly? Nothing touches it when the bow thruster is in the up position.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

www.creampuff.us