Re: Installing a diesel heater

Arnold Mente

Hi Paul,

I have an Eberpächer Hydronic heater on my SM with an outlet in all cabins, saloon and cockpit. The heating is also connected to the water heater, which requires an Isotemp with 2 heating circuits, a motor and diesel heating. This guarantees hot water preparation even without a motor under sail. We particularly recommend the outlet in the cockpit, which with a closed cockpit ensures a very pleasant temperature in the steering position. Also staying in the cockpit, eating ... is very pleasant. The heater was housed in my cockpit storage space and can be individually regulated in all areas via thermometers. I am very satisfied with this heater, since I already had both air and water heaters on my other boats, I would recommend the hydronic (water heater).

Best

Arnold
SV Zephyr
SM203

Am 07.11.2020 um 19:35 schrieb Paul Osterberg <osterberg.paul.l@...>:

Hello!
Plan a trip to Nordkapp next season and need to install a diesel heater in our SM (we do not have the forced ventilation). I have searched on the forum but did not find the information I was looking for.
Location of a diesel heater could be in the engine room or in the large cockpit locker. You who have a diesel heater where is it located?
One could choose either air or a water distributed heater, advantage with the water distributed heater, easier to install the water pipe, but the heat elements takes large place. the hot air heater duct takes a lot of space as diameter is 90 mm or about 3½ inch.
So would very much appreciate you experience and recommendations when it comes to install a diesel heater
Paul on SY Kerpa SM#259, Lagos, Portugal

--
Arnold
SY Zephyr SM203