Furler motor to gearbox sm2000

michael winand

Hi.I have encountered this problem with my main furler motor.
I have sheared the shaft on the leroy somer motor where it enters the gearbox.
Any suggestions on how I would be causing this problem?
The gearbox is still working well. As I have it apart I will give it a full service.
I would like to ask if anyone has been through this issue and what action is needed to fix this.
I'm not sure if this is a design that allows the shaft to be replaced as a sacrificial item to prevent overloading?I have taken a photo of the issue.
Apon removal it was still the original installation. The electrical brushes still have most of their length intact.
Many thanks to the group
Michael  Nebo  sm251