Re: Furler motor to gearbox sm2000

michael winand

Thanks Ken, I think we all appreciate your videos.
Safe travels.
Michael Nebo

On Tue, 10 Nov 2020 at 4:14 am, Ken Powers SV Aquarius
<ken@...> wrote:
I would have to agree with Bill,

To fix you furler it will probably take a new motor, and maybe a new gearbox.  I would rebuild the old gear box and carry it as a spare.  I carry a new spare motor, and a spare rebuilt gear box, ready to go in case of a problem.  Someone mentioned that the new motors are a different diameter, and I found this out as well.  I built up the diameter of the the motor where it attaches to the cover attachment with some good tape.  Just about 3 to 4 times around the motor with some good tape and the cover attachment piece fit snugly on the motor.  It was in one of my videos about the Main Sail of a Super Maramu.

Ken Powers
Aquarius
SM2K 262

Part 1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxxNAIa8-mg